Thursday, June 27, 2013

PHP function to calculate percentage

6/27/2013

This post shows you how to calculate a percentage using a division and multiplying its result by 100. This is the simpliest way to calculate a percentage in PHP
<?php
/* 
Online PHP Examples with Source Code
website: http://4evertutorials.blogspot.in/
*/


function percentage($x, $y, $precision) 
{

        // $precision define digit after the decimal point

 $result = round( ($x / $y) * 100, $precision );
 
 return $result;
}


echo percentage(2, 3, 2); // This will print 66.67

echo percentage(2, 3, 0); // This will print 67

?>

helpful? Share this

The Editorial Team of 4everTutorials consists of a group of PHP Professionals.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all I want to say excellent blog!
I had a quick question thast I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
I wwas interested to find out how you center yourself
and clear your thoughts prior to writing. I have had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out.
I truly do taie pleasurfe in writing but it just
seems like thee first 10 to 15 minutes tend too be wasted simply just trying
to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints?
Many thanks!

my web site :: web

 

© 2014 4everTutorials. All rights resevered.

Back To Top